Sunday, November 27, 2011

New News

I always feel like I'm prohibiting the world from knowing all the great, exciting happenings of my life if I don't update my blog often enough - which is completely ridiculous, but bear with my narcissism.

Let's see, I spent the better part of last week writing three papers and praying that they were turned in quick enough and that I got enough information put into them to pass off a class that has a deadline of November 30th. Until that day comes and I get the pass, my fingers are crossed for just that, which means I will be ready to start student teaching in September 2012. This is super exciting, but it also means that for the next 10 months leading up to that, my butt is gonna be busy! It's going to be busy until I'm done student teaching, but there finally is an end in sight. So that's exciting.
I took the Praxis II a couple Saturdays ago. Now thats a good time - wake up before the sun is out and take a test that will make-or-break your future (well it's re-takeable but who wants to go through this hell again?!) and sit in a testing center for 3 hours taking a test that questions any language arts, math, social studies or science areas you could end up having to teach students in 1-8 grade. Geez. It was a traumatic morning. Naturally I woke up with a sore throat, but I survived the test and didn't feel super sick til that night when we were playing games and I started croaking. It was awful. So, I knocked out the winter cold early this year. Now, I have to patiently wait for the scores on that test to see if I have another terrible morning in my near future and the opportunity to throw another 100-and-some odd dollars to the wonderful people at ETS/Praxis. Gold diggers.
Otherwise, I am just working at the school still, which I love. Seriously, this job is the best. I get to hang out with kids that usually brighten my day and then go home and have amazingly funny stories to tell. It's fantastic.
I had a super great Thanksgiving (minus having to write those papers) and laughed SOOOO hard with the lovely people we spent the holiday with. Such a great day! I wish we were able to spend it with our Wisconsin fam, but I'm always there in spirit! :) I do miss Wisconsin, especially this time of year, with football & fall.... but it's been cold enough here in southern Utah to make me think twice about packing my bags and heading back to my homeland!
Okay, lots of love to anyone reading this... I'll post again soon, maybe with some pictures. Happy Holidays, good luck to everyone braving the shopping crowds in the next couple of weeks, and wishes that you have warm, thick socks if you are in snowy, cold, tundra areas. :)

0 comments: