Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Quick Summer Recap

Okay, so I sucked at posting all summer long so here's a quick re-cap of how I spent my summer vacation. I nannied which was fantastic. The adorable little bambino was around 6 months and I adore that child. So cute and so fun.

I went camping in Cedar Mountain. It was freezing cold so I got to rock my sweet hat. Forgive my bad photo editing. I didn't rotate it and I am not computer literate enough to rotate it in the post, so turn your neck if you care that much! Shoot.


My aunt and cousin came and visited from Wisconsin. We met them in Vegas down on Fremont Street and that was fun! So here's a fun little pic of us in front of a fish tank at a casino.
This little kitten is named Thor. He's now a resident in my house. My sis got 2 of his brothers and she surprised me one day and brought him over. Soo stinking cute. And pretty much a character. It's fun.
Dang it! This pic is rotated weird! My hard drive crashed this summer and little genius that I am was able to install a new hard drive into my Macbook (it's really not too hard!) but it saved me money and gave me TONS of extra memory. Anyway, I had to re-load all of my pics and I didn't edit them all so...therefore... the rotated pics.
This would be my first, and hopefully last, monster truck show. So lame. There were only 3 old as dirt trucks at this one, mind you, but it was so lame. Seriously. Unimpressed. Fortunately, I had gotten free tickets from a friend, so I didn't feel bad when I left way early and went to a bonfire. So dumb. Honestly.
And we threw a birthday party for my mom! It was a good time. My dad and I cooked, it was a Fiesta theme, and it went well. Until... My dad's leg swelled up HUGE so my mom ended up taking him to the hospital before we got to have any cake. Turns out it was a blood clot that was a side effect from the accident. They got it fixed up and he's been pretty good since, which is fantastic. I'll spare you the not so happy pics from ICU post-accident.
So there's my summer. Not too exciting but not too bad other. It was definitely an improvement after the spring we spent going back and forth to the hospital, so a simple, relaxing summer was better than anything at the time. And now it's fall. My favorite time of year. :)

0 comments: