Wednesday, July 29, 2009

It's Official!!!!

I FINALLY have completed my associate's degree and am done at Dixie State College!!!!!!! The hard paper copy will be here in a couple weeks, and I couldn't be happier about it! It was a lot of work, I took FOREVER to finish it, but that chapter is final and done and I am stoked! I have gotten accepted into an online teaching program through Western Governor's University and as long as financial aide is all arranged and everything I am set to start that Sept 1st and hopefully will be a high school social science teacher in 2 years!!!! This has been one of those careers I have bounced back and forth between...that and a medical career, so I'm pretty happy to have settled on something and am so ready to get going on the coursework.

Ohhhh 3 new addictions:
1. How I Met Your Mother...pretty much the perfect sitcom. I love it. It makes me want to move to New York City and do the bar scene thing, even though I think the bar scene is totally lame and cliche and I hate dating...just to see if this crazy stuff actually happens (I know some of it does!!). It's legendary.
2. Right Away, Great Captain - super chill, good band. I don't know how I stumbled on them but it's good. Check it.
3. The Dead Weather - It's a marriage of alt rock and blues with a Jack White fusion....lovely! 
And I haven't mentioned it in any blog yet and I should have so......The Hangover is epic. I haven't laughed so hard in ages...plus Brad Cooper is going to be the father of my children...but that's just a small sidebar on my love of this movie. Seriously, it's hilarious. And they are coming out with a Hangover 2 in 2012 and I have never been more excited for a movie like I am for this. 

1 comments:

Jerry and Adrienne said...

Congratulations on the teaching program!!!!! That is so awesome!