Can I just tell you life is completely insane working two jobs and attempting to go to school full time? I think being a hospice CNA is more demanding then any other job I've ever done before and it is exhausting. So, lately my school work has suffered a little and I need to jump on that!! I'm writing an outline for a presentation I have to do for one of my classes, and I'm using the paper I wrote for English 2010 at Dixie, which was on gay rights on college & university campuses. K, that paper was 12 pages and the presentation has to be 5-7 minutes. 5-7 minutes people!!! I thought that would be forever...oh heck no. I have cut out half of my topics I covered for that epic paper and it's still way over time. It is seriously coming down to chopping out whatever I can to get this half down yet again, and let me tell you...once this is completely written out in presentation form...there is not going to be much information. So, I'm mildly irritated. I don't see how any event has to be weighed as less significant, but apparently I'm going to have to make that decision and it's frustrating. Whatever. Now, for those of you who are like, why on earth would you right a 12 page paper on gay rights you fag hag?? False people. I think that every human being deserves the right to be treated equally regardless of their personal beliefs. Seriously, we're all freaking people and it disgusts me how human beings treat one another. It's terrible. For example, did you know that RELIGIOUS groups sat at Matthew Shepherd's funeral (as in the 21 year old kid who was beaten to death in Wyoming back in 1998 because he was gay) and held up signs about how he is rotting in hell and queers are getting what they deserve? That is appalling. And, because it was a religious protest, there was nothing the city or state could do to stop it. How does any church justify protesting at a kid's funeral?? I mean, he's dead!!! And not just dead, but he was beaten so severely that the man who found him thought he was a scarecrow. His parents never were able to hear him talk again because he was comatose for a few days before he died. And some whacked out religious fanatics are protesting and waving disgusting signs around at his funeral. It makes me sick. So, I wrote a paper on it. Not that my paper is going to save the world of all hate and whatever, but I think it is important.
Friday, October 2, 2009
Spiralling
Anyway, I'll get off of my soapbox now... :) It has been blissfully cooler here the last few days and I wish it was this way FOREVER!!!!!! It's perfect. Unfortunately, I have heard that the weekend will bring higher temperatures back, and shortly after we'll be getting those freezing cold mornings and freezing cold nights... but for a few days, I live in temperature heaven and I'm quite content. I had my first cup of hot cocoa for the season last night and it was like a beautiful reunion between two very long lost friends. Thank you Target for creating dulche de leche hot cocoa. You people are taste bud geniuses!
We are headed back down to California in a couple weekends from now and I'm ever so ready for a break from life to go get my guts swirled around violently on roller coasters! (Dramamine is a life saver!!!!!!!) And Lynd is joining us this time and I'm very excited for her to come. And, of course, the fright fest will be open so I'm sure that will be entertaining. I'm not as keen on them as I used to be, but haunted houses are still pretty fun. And apparently Six Flags turns the lights off on a bunch of the rides, and the old wooden coaster runs backwards, so that will be a new, interesting experience.
Other than the billion of things I'm doing that is just my day to day life...I am also on the hunt for a new rental, which is harder than one would think because of St. George's apparent hatred of all things cute and fluffy (pets!). It's been hard to find many places that allow pets and sorry y'all, but Cullen & Sushi are not going to be up for adoption anytime soon. I figure when I stumble across the perfect place, they will allow pets and therefore I will know that it's the right house, yes???
I've procrastinated on this blog for far too long. I've got to get ready for work because in 7 hours it's my weekend, but this weekend is more than a weekend to me. It is my first day off in 12 days. And the only days off in 11 days because I am on the weekend schedule for hospice again next weekend. I just need to keep telling myself that Cali is on the other side of those 11 days, I've made it so far...just keep swimming, just keep swimming......... :)
Posted by Kyr at 8:21 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment