Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Salsa Lady

This is from the Frightdome in Las Vegas at Circus Circus. It was SOOOO much fun and apparently even creepy doctors aren't all bad!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For those of you who haven't learned yet, I'm going to clue you into a HUGE "secret" for dealing with me....never take my future plans for golden until I am in the act/moved/whatever..... It looks like I'll probably hang out in the STG to finish up school...I've decided I want to go into the medical field (again, take this decision with a grain of salt), but I REALLY am thinking respiratory therapy may be my calling in life!! So, DSC is getting a respiratory therapy program that should be starting right when my pre-req's will be finished and did I just hear an angelic chorus "AAAAAAHHHHing" all around me???? So, for everyone who was all stoked for me to move to Mil-Town (yeah, I'm sure there wasn't too much jumping up and down...mostly my grandma & aunt, I'm sure!!) I'm sorry for being such a flakey person about everything!!! But, I'm actually kinda excited at the prospect of staying here and getting everything done & just finding some super people to live with and yeah!!! :) I know I hate on Utah A TON, but it really is a gorgeous place and I have met some of the most amazing people here and I wouldn't trade my friends here for any other ones in the world!!! I am so grateful to all of them for helping me with all the things I come up with and for just being so supportive and completely rad!! I feel like things are starting to fall into place for me, so I'm hoping I'm on the right path with everything and yeah....

Fall is in full swing, and it's my favorite season and I'm absolutely loving it. I'm jealous that my parents got to take a trip down to Sedona last weekend, but they brought me up some SALSA!! They know that their girl is a chip freak!! It's funny...I used to never see myself as anything like my mom, but when we were younger, chips & salsa were her snack of choice...to the point that my dad dubbed her "Salsa Lady." He even had a song & dance to go with it. I'm surprised that title hasn't been passed down yet, but I'm happy it hasn't!!! My dad can be a tidge bit embarrassing!!!!!! We're going to go up to Kolob this weekend to see the leaves and spend some family time together. And, the Pack takes on the ONLY undefeated team in the NFL this weekend, so that should be a good matchup. That's one of my favorite things to do-watch football with my dad. He's going in for back surgery next weekend. He's had quite a few already, and this is supposed to be a less invasive technique, so it looks promising. He is definately a strong person to go through all the surgeries & pain and everything he has and still be such a good father. He's always there for his little girls, even if he has to throw a punch at a 21 year old.... :) I love my dad so much and I'm grateful for him, even though I know I haven't always shown it the best!

Oh, and as if the fall wasn't exciting enough...Halloween is 2 days away!!!!! I love Halloween to a fault. I'm going to start making treats for it tonight and I have my costume ALMOST done...I'm going to go as Dan Marino to work on Friday.........for those of you who aren't as obsessive over football as me, Marino is pretty much the only quarterback who has records over Brett Favre still (Who used to be my hero, but has recently lost that title) and it's kinda just a statement, but i'm excited to just dress up and wear sweat pants to work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ha ha. My mom & I are going to Thriller that night. She's wanted to go for years, and I've always gone with friends, but this year I asked her if she wanted to go and it should be fun!

1 comments:

Jerry and Adrienne said...

Yay chica! You can stay down here with me!!! I think that if I didn't go into nursing I would go into respiratory. I think it would be a way fun job. I have more info on Dixie's resp program if you want to look at any of it. Jerry went to this thing at work where dixie presented their new program so.. anyways.. I'm excited for you! I think Jerry is going to apply too so maybe you would be in the program together! :)