Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Distance Learning....

So, today I enrolled in my first of 4 online distance education classes from Weber State. Those are the pre-req's I need to get into respiratory therapy and surprise, surprise!! Dixie doesn't offer them. I have to get my CNA certification at Dixie...and take another 8.5 credits just to be full time...sounds like I'll be taking a lot of b.s. classes (OH AND STUPID STUPID MATH) to finish up there in the spring & do these other classes. So...ask how much this class costs, go ahead...ask. $780 for one stupid class. And I have 4 of these!!!!! So, my money that comes out from Dixie in the spring is pretty much going directly to those 3 last classes...so much for financial aide money & student loans being worth anything fun! Oh, that didn't even include the books....so pretty much, if some rich, philathropist, lover of those kids who had parents who didn't make enough money for them to go to college before breaking their backs moving Pepsi products stumbles across this blog post.................you can make the check out for any amount and I will name my first child after you! Hell, I'll throw in the second one too....
On the brighter side, the presidential election is coming up soon!!! I swear, I have seen some swinging at work between grown men who are best friends!! You say Democrat or Republican here and hit the deck...because you'll be lucky to not lose an appendage in this war. I prefer to stay neutral. I have my political preferences, and I'll be voting, but I don't feel the whole world needs to argue about if I'm making the right decision or not...and that's typically not based on the canidates positions on important topics, rather his political affiliation and who is the pastor or his church or whether his vice-presidential canidate is smart enough for the job. It does make for some entertainment though, although the yelling over cubicles has gotten to be a bit of a nuisance. Personally, I think the more exciting fight is the one between....
Brett Favre & (almost) everyone else in the world!!!! Ha ha. My dad is definately a Favre fan and I'm a die hard Packer girl. He still loves the green & gold, but he's also fond of #4. I personally think he's despicable. Yeah, I know...he used to be my hero. Too bad heroes aren't honest & respectable anymore, huh??? All this talk of him personally seeking to share Packer game plans & plays is pretty lame...I thought he was good enough to handle the team he signed a lifetime contract with but couldn't handle not being the egomaniac starting quarterback, self-appointed coach, cry & moan about everything man he had been prior to retiring. Clearly I was wrong. He has to run to the Detroit Lions, of all teams---he chooses the ones who still would have so little hope of winning, and tell them "secrets." Well, gossip girl, seems like you're the one who the joke is on...losing to the Raiders in overtime. Yeah, that's something to be proud of.
Well...I've complained about school, politics, and Brett Favre. I think that's good for the day. :)

0 comments: