This last week I finished my first semester of the teaching program!!! Well, technically my semester is over on Feb. 28th, but I have turned in all my finals and am just waiting to get the grade on the last one. So, until March, I am free to either slack off :) or get going on coursework for the next semester as they have all the course information available to students for their entire program. I figure since I am trying to get done with school as quickly as I can chug papers, I am pressing forward. I took the pre-assessments for my Gov. class and the Math class I'm set to start next and I passed both of them, so it looks like I'm going to be able to get through both of those classes pretty quickly which is AWESOME!!! I am grateful for the teachers I had at Hurricane High - I think they prepared me more than I gave them credit for. I know that I learned most of the stuff I use from them and maybe one or two college professors I had at Dixie.
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
So I Throw My Hands Up...
Becky was down over Christmas break and I had such a blast hanging out with her!! The girl is so fun and we always have a crazy good time when we get together. She is one of the few people I don't have to act my age around. We do all sorts of fun stuff. This time, we spent one night hiking around the Dixie rock with only cell phones for light. Oh it was genius. Plus, we had played sand volleyball earlier, so none of us were really dressed for the weather. But super fun. And, I got a little schooled on constellations, which I know nada about and the kids at school are learning about in 3 of the classes I aide in, so I felt a little more prepared....not much though. I am learning with them every day. :) Then, Saturday night, we got in some beastly vehicles and trucked out to the boonies of Virgin where we had a semi-successful bonfire. Bonfire is probably not the word for it......but it was fun regardless. We roasted marshmallows, explored the area some, and then played some glow stick hide-and-go seek. Oh yeah, that's right. The last time I did this was in the Snow Canyon caves and it was epic. Well, this time was pretty good-all I can say is dang I know how to hide. I'm not going to give out any of my secrets, but I'll tell you this much - I got trampled once by a fellow hider who thought they were jumping over a rock and slugged by Beck's bro who thought he was just throwing his arm down to hide. And I don't remember how many times the seekers walked right past me and didn't notice. Oh, it was awesome. Such a good time. I cannot wait until we can all get together again - it was such a fun group of people that I think we could've had fun doing almost anything.
Oh and I intoxicated my blackberry. Apparently the phone was not to fond of the punch I accidentally knocked over in a rare clumsy moment. The phone itself remained surprisingly dry, but it got into the microphone so the next day when I got any calls, I had to pretty much yell for anyone to hear me. Oh, it was probably a sight. So, I spent 5 hours this weekend looking at phones on ebay, seeing as I recently upgraded at Verizon and don't feel like shelling out more than $50 for a freaking phone. Yeah, that was an ordeal - comparing phones and trying to find the best deal and making sure the ESNs were clear. Anywho, I settled on a phone that's an upgrade on the Chocolate 2 - it's like the Chocolate 3 minus the spinny wheel on the front. Yeah, it feels a little old school to go back to a flip phone, but I kind of miss the simplicity my life had when I didn't get emails and have to check my facebook every chance I got on my phone. Hopefully this will help me somewhat overcome that technology addiction. :/ If nothing else, I'll be saving $25 a month not having to have a data plan on my phone bill, right? So thank you fruit punch, you done a good job.... sort of.
Posted by Kyr at 10:13 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment